Drop shipping is a lucrative and profitable business model. However, most drop shippers focus on drop shipping from AliExpress whereas local drop shipping is more profitable and less stressful. There are importers in Nigeria whose prices are far cheaper than what you will get on AliExpress. They can also fulfil your orders and deliver them directly to your customers across the country.
So here’s how you can start a successful drop shipping business in Nigeria:
1. Choose Your Niche: Do a thorough research and focus on 1, 2 or 3 niche that has a wide variety of products. Make sure there’s a constant influx of new and hot-selling products in any of the niche you will choose. If you are interested in household items, phone accessories or fitness products, you will find some amazing products in our online store.
2. Search For Local And Reliable Suppliers: Look for big importers or major suppliers of products in your niche. Inform them of your decision to drop ship their products and establish a good business relationship with them.
3. Discover Your Market And Define Your Audience: You need to determine who and where your customers are and how you can reach them. A lot of potential customers are online and most especially on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
4. Set Up Your Online Store: You can start your drop shipping business without an online store. However, having an online store will help you stay more organised with your drop shipping and ecommerce business. You can also set up a free online store on your Facebook Page.
5. Add Products To Your Online Store: Consistently search and add new, unique and hot-selling products to your niche or general store. The more products you add to your customer, the more customers will be interested in doing business with you.
5. Promote Your Products And Drive Traffic To Your Online Store: Marketing is the lifeblood of any business. You need to promote your products on social media and drive traffic to your store using paid and free ads. However, one of the best ways of building an effective marketing strategy is by having a converting sales funnel. A sales funnel could be an email list (drive traffic to a landing page, build an email list, and convert your subscribers to paying customers) or an online group (this is a long-term strategy that can drive massive organic traffic to your online store).
6. Make Six Figures Monthly: You can make six figures monthly in the drop shipping business if you follow the steps above and hustle hard and smart. We have also created an online group on Facebook and Telegram where we share valuable ideas, insights and tips on the dropshipping and ecommerce business. Join us, learn as much as you can, network with other members, and make six figures monthly in your drop shipping business.
If you’re already into the drop shipping business, share your experience with us in the comments section.